The Blue Route - 46.8 miles / 75.3 Km

The Blue route is 46.8 miles long and has a total ascent of 2267 feet
(or in metric terms, 75.3 km and 691m).


Download the GPX Route File

Route File

Contains Ordnance Survey data Crown copyright and database right 2018
click on the map for a detailed view




After leaving Kinross the route follows the Red and Black routes for a few miles before turning north to Glenfarg and then descending the steep and at times high speed Wicks ‘O Baiglie towards the Bridge of Earn. You then join the Red and Black routes again to Dunning with its 12th. Century church of St. Serf and the monument to Maggie Wall who was burnt here as witch in 1657. Legend also has it that St. Serf slayed a dragon here who was bothering the locals.

With tales of dragons and witches burnt, its time to make a hasty retreat up the climb of Dunning Common. Its over the top and down to the Yetts of Muckhart before returning to Kinross through the Crook of Devon.