TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This website has been created on behalf of the Kinross Cycling Club to promote the Sportive Kinross cycling event. It has been designed and produced in Scotland to promote an event held in Scotland and therefore any use of it shall at all times be governed by Scottish law and, in the event of any dispute, the relevant parties shall irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
Whilst we take all possible care to ensure information presented on this web site is correct, we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any of the information included. Furthermore no liability can be accepted, by Kinross Cycling Club or the management committee of Sportive Kinross, for any errors, omissions or for any losses you may incur from the use of this web site. While we endeavour to ensure that all content on this web site is correct and free from defect we cannot guarantee the content of this web site is free from errors, defects, viruses or other malicious programs or macros.
You may not reproduce (in whole or in part), modify, decompile, disassemble or transmit or use for any commercial purpose whatsoever any information from this website. Individual pages of this web site may be printed for your personal use only. Where media is flagged for download (e.g. GPS & Google Earth files and Entrants Information Pack) this can only be used for information and to assist the entrant in completion of our events. Any file downloads are made at your own risk and you should satisfy yourself that they are free from viruses or other defects before use.
This website may contain links to and may be linked from third-party websites. Links from this website exist for information and convenience only. Kinross Cycling Club accepts no responsibility or liability for the information contained on any such site. Kinross Cycling Club cannot endorse products or services contained on an external web site.
The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the material contained in this website belong to Kinross Cycling Club with all rights reserved.
It is a condition of entry into any of the Sportive Kinross events that,
- By entering the event you acknowledge it is a test of your physical stamina and your capacity to complete the route you have chosen to ride. You must consider yourself fit to participate and complete the event. If you have any doubts about your health or have any known medical conditions you should consult and obtain a doctors approval before entering and participating in a Sportive Kinross event. Sportive Kinross events are designed and intended to be physically challenging and a level of good basic fitness will be required by entrants in order to complete even the shortest route.
- You acknowledge that participation in a Sportive Kinross event is at your own risk and that the organisers cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage caused or sustained as a result of your participation. You will observe the highway code and the direction of appointed event marshals and officials at all times while participating in a Sportive Kinross event.
- If you are unable to ride the Sportive Kinross for any reason, no refund can be offered. Places are only transferrable to another person at the discretion of the organisers.
- Any riders under the age of eighteen must be accompanied by an adult at all times. No entrants under the age of 16 will be allowed without the express consent of the organisers being granted. In addition for any entrant under 18, the online entry (via Entry Central) must be completed and paid for by a parent or guardian.
- An approved cycle helmet, conforming to CE standards EN1078 (or better), is worn at all times whilst riding during a Sportive Kinross event. As encouraged under British Cycling Guidelines for Non-competitive Events.
- You will be supplied with a number which should be clearly fixed to the front of your bike during the event.
- All participants will be covered by the event third party insurance for the duration of the event, the cost of which is included in the entry fee. Please note that this does NOT cover personal injury or loss during the event.
- Riders will be responsible for the roadworthiness of their own bicycle. The use of triathlon handlebars or other bar extensions are not permitted in our events for safety reasons.
- All riders are recommended to carry drink bottles, snack food, basic tools, at least one replacement inner tube and suitable wet weather clothing. We also advise that riders carry ID and a small amount of money. A mobile phone is also worth carrying in the event of an emergency, although various locations on the routes might have poor signal reception.
- Riders will be set off in groups as required by Police guidance supplied to Sportive Kinross.
- You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate, to be aware of your fellow cyclists and most importantly other road users. The event is being held on a public highway where the rights of and responsibilities to other road users apply.
- Mobile support vehicles in the form of cars or motorbikes are forbidden. You may, however, receive support from a stationary vehicle which is legally parked and does not impede riders or other traffic.
- Detailed route information and maps will be available on line, but navigation during the event will be your own responsibility.
- There will be signage at most junctions and marshals at major junctions to assist with directions. However the organisers offer no warranty that these signs will not be obstructed, removed, vandalized or interfered with in anyway. Therefore the organiser strongly recommends participants carry the route instructions that are available online.
- Food and drink will be provided at the designated feeding stations, but we cannot guarantee supplies, and please be mindful of those following behind.
- On completion of the event, you must check in at the finish HQ at Loch Leven Community Campus.
- All riders must complete their ride by 17:00 to avail themselves of the full amenities at Loch Leven Community Campus. Please note that there is no hot food available after 16:00.
- The event will take place regardless of weather conditions and only be cancelled or the routes modified if, in the opinion of the police or the event organisers, an entrants reasonable safety is at risk. If the event is cancelled or if you are unable to ride the event there will be no refund of entry fees.